Thursday, August 06, 2009

 

Taking the show on the road

I'm getting packed to go to Lake George and meet all my new and old friends for a lovely weekend full of fun and games and crafts. It's called
W.O.O.L., Weekend Out On the Lake, and it's a great setting for a retreat. We will be 22 people I think, all gathering together to have lots of fun and a lovely, mostly unplugged, weekend.

I'm planning to make a few stops on my way up there. First a detour into Woodbury Commons to meet Mom for some shopping, then I'll stop for lunch at my favorite little cafe in Saratoga Springs. While I'm there I'll pop into the awesome market for beer and chocolate to bring and share with the other ladies.

Last year (this is the third annual WOOL gathering) Tina started a great tradition. First, everyone donates items for a silent auction, and we donate the proceeds to the resort, Wiawaka Holiday House. It's a wonderful place, which is non-profit and depends on donations to provide low cost accomodations to women who need a vacation but can't afford a fancy hotel. Right now they are trying to raise money to provide scholarships to women soldiers returning from the war who need a quiet place to ease back into civilian life. Feel free to follow that link to make a donation of your own.

The other new tradition is that those of us attendees who are fiber artists/indy dyers have some time set up to have a sale. I've got all my wool and yarn packed up in my "Mobile LYS" and I hope everyone likes my new products. I've got lots of new fibers to offer:

Falklands Wool, which is super soft and fluffy



Corriedale wool, not so fluffy but totally gorgeous



Of course there is my favorite, BFL




And merino, regular and superwash



And off I go! I hope I can get it all in my car!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?