Wednesday, August 27, 2008

 

WOOL 2008 wrap-up



This year's Weekend Out On the Lake, at Lake George's Wiawaka Holiday House , a historic resort originally conceived as a getaway for the textile-factory working women of the Albany area. They still run as a non-profit, charging on a sliding scale so everyone can enjoy it. To that end, we held our own fund-raising silent auction among our group of crafters and were able to give a generous amount to the cause, as well as claim great prizes that were donated for the auction.

This was a great getaway, and I had so much fun hanging out with everyone, knitting, spinning, playing Scrabble, swimming, eating the great food served in the dining room, learning and teaching and laughing. I already can't wait till next year.

I didn't actually get much knitting done, I spent most of my time spinning. I finished a big batch of 2-ply yarn that needs to get a bath so I can measure and photograph it.

I took so many pictures I didn't bother trying to post them all here, but you can see them all at my Flickr page: flickr link

Comments:
What a weekend! It was great hanging and spinning with you. So glad I won your gorgeous lace weight int he silent auction. I cna hardly wait til next year.
 
What a blast, eh? Last year was fun, but this year was stupendous. I'm almost finished spinning the merino that I bought from you and Cummington. That's a great picture of it, by the way...I'd like a copy.

Are you going to be at Rhinebeck? Is that a stupid question?
 
Your shawl was one of my favorite show and tell items from WOOL, I can't get over how springy and lovely it is.

Thank you for coming again this year, I think it was even better than the last. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?