Wednesday, December 19, 2007

 

Random meme

So, my brother, the zombie enthusiast, has tagged me for a meme. 8 random things about me have been requested. It took me a few days to get started on this because I thought it would be hard to come up with stuff, but we'll see how I do.

1. I'm a big snob about lots of things. In fact, I could probably fill this list with things I'm snobby about. Like coffee (no flavored coffees for me please), cheese (the stinkier the better), food (I'm a trained chef), yarn (I generally turn my nose up at non-natural fibers unless I'm knitting stuff for kids), wool (I like soft fancy fibers for spinning), etc.

2. I prefer to drive a car with a manual transmission. I also hate big SUV's that serve no purpose other than being bigger than my tiny car (and blocking my view of what's ahead on the road).

3. I volunteered to be on the board of my co-op, mostly because I wanted to contribute to my community but also so I could try and change the pet policy so my cats can live with me 'legally'. This has resulted in many long uncomfortable conversations in the parking lot with my annoyingly outspoken and one-tracked neighbor who thinks he runs things around here. He has promised to get me re-elected since he thinks that he not only has me in his pocket, but also has all the other voting members in there as well.

4. I am so lazy that even though I have been unemployed for months and spent most of my time at home, my apartment is still not as spotlessly clean as I hoped it would be within the first week. (I have been knitting alot, though)

5. 8 of the 12 people I'm giving gifts to this holiday season are getting handknits. And 6 others are getting handknit Christmas tree ornaments. (my next post should include an inventory of all these projects)

6. My upstairs neighbors have been blasting xmas music for several days now. Usually I only hear them shuffling around at all hours.

7. I recently discovered that setting up my clothes-drying rack in my kitchen by the heat vent makes things dry much faster than they do in my bedroom where it's much colder.

8. I've been living in my apartment for 4 years now and I still haven't found anything to decorate the very large wall in my living room. I'm going to try and hang some framed photos this week so I can cross it off my Uberlist (inspired by Nikol and her awesome datebooks. Ditto for the framed menus I want to hang in my kitchen. I may also make an attempt at reorganizing my kitchen cabinets so I can cross that off too. I may or may not post my list this year. Maybe I will, since making it public will (I hope) shame me into completing more of it.

Comments:
well that explains those fabulous cookies you brought me! many belated thanks to you--the cookies lasted just 2 days because they were beyond delish. (and i have no self control sadly.) my son was so disgusted: he said "you didn't even save me one?" as i was raving about the "best cookies ever". they were awesome and you were so sweet to bring me so many. (little did you know i am such a glutton) and now i know your secret ingredient is that you're a trained chef. mmmm.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?