Sunday, September 23, 2007

 

Cardigan, complete!

So, this went so fast I can't believe I made it! I'm usually really slow and take ages to finish anything, if it I even finish. This was started and finished within three weeks.

I love this yarn, and I have so much left over I could maybe make another sweater. Though it would have to be multi-colored with all the different colors I bought for my original plan of a fair-isle yoke sweater. A stripey sweater would be awesome.

I re-did this collar so it was all grey with a blue bind-off like I used on the sleeves.


I made a small panel of ribbing across the small of the back to add some shaping. Not sure yet if this was a good idea or not. I suppose I'll have to wait till I can get a good picture of myself wearing it to be sure.



I'm really happy with this. The only thing I would do differently is to make the ribbing along the open edges wider- it curls a bit. I still need to attach the button and wash and block, then it's all ready for Rhinebeck. Though if the weather keeps up the way it has been no one will be wearing their fancy Rhinebeck sweaters.

But, if it cools down, this will come in handy:

Rhinebeck sweater #2. The yoke and sleeves are made from the fiber I dyed and spun myself. There honeslty isn't anything better than going through the whole process like that. Yes, I know I didn't go from fleece to yarn, but I know the part with the dirty wool and the carding are not for me. My experience at last year's Yarn School taught me that I am willing to miss the part with the fleece washing and the carding. Much as I enjoyed trying it out and learning how to do it, I am totally ok with buying prepared fiber and starting at the point where dye comes in.

That reminds me: to all the ladies (and possibly gents) attending Yarn School, have a great time. I know it will be hard not to, since Nikol is such a wonderful hostess and your teachers really can't be beat when it comes to anything related to dyeing, spinning or knitting/crocheting. I wish I could be there.

Comments:
Both sweaters look great, See Kay! Good job.
 
Nice to meet you yesterday! See you at Rhinebeck! :)

Jessica
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?