Monday, July 30, 2007
Orange
The journey of some Fantom Farm roving:
It was so pretty, I couldn't resist taking it home with me.

Henry agrees. When I started prepping the fiber for spinning, Henry snuck in and had his way with the drafted fiber. (Yes I know I've used this picture before, but it's too good not to brimg it out again. Besides, the cats are at 'camp' (ie: my parent's house) for the next few weeks so there won't be any new pictures of them for a while.)

Here is a spun bobbin of singles.

Once I plied my two bobbins of singles, I realized I had taken a bit of a tight grip on my fiber, and it was very tightly spun. It looked like a big orange afro after I took it off the niddy-moddy.


So back on the swift it goes. I'm going to run it back through the spinning wheel the wrong way to un-twist it a little.

It's still a bit over-twisted. I think I'll give it another run through the un-twister.

It was so pretty, I couldn't resist taking it home with me.

Henry agrees. When I started prepping the fiber for spinning, Henry snuck in and had his way with the drafted fiber. (Yes I know I've used this picture before, but it's too good not to brimg it out again. Besides, the cats are at 'camp' (ie: my parent's house) for the next few weeks so there won't be any new pictures of them for a while.)
Here is a spun bobbin of singles.
Once I plied my two bobbins of singles, I realized I had taken a bit of a tight grip on my fiber, and it was very tightly spun. It looked like a big orange afro after I took it off the niddy-moddy.
So back on the swift it goes. I'm going to run it back through the spinning wheel the wrong way to un-twist it a little.
It's still a bit over-twisted. I think I'll give it another run through the un-twister.
Comments:
<< Home
I'm not sure! I have a growing collection of handspun and no idea what to do with it. Maybe once I have all the colors spun I'll make a rainbow-striped sweater!
Or are you angling for another scarf for your birthday? ;)
Post a Comment
Or are you angling for another scarf for your birthday? ;)
<< Home

