Wednesday, July 04, 2007
And it begins
I spent about 2 weeks planning and swatching for the Mystery Stole 3. You can read about it here
The plan is that the designer Melanie has created this lace stole and will be releasing sections of the pattern every week to the brave souls who have signed on to knit it all together. So far we are talking about over 4000 people around the world. It's pretty cool to think about the scope of this thing.
So, I got two different yarns to try out for this. The first:
Knit Picks Misti Alpaca in a pale grey. I swatched it and found it to be not quite right for this project. I'll have to try it on something else.
Up next, Knit Picks Bare, laceweight.

I was very pleased with this one. Since I don't know what the theme of the piece is, I wasn't sure what color to use. The designer suggested either white or black yarn, for reasons that would become clear when the inspiration behind the design were made public. So once it's done, I may leave it this natural color or I may dye it some other color. I chose clear beads with a silver lining since that will work no matter what color the finished piece ends up.

After finishing the first part of the firt clue, I am very happy. I can not wait to see the project unfold.
The plan is that the designer Melanie has created this lace stole and will be releasing sections of the pattern every week to the brave souls who have signed on to knit it all together. So far we are talking about over 4000 people around the world. It's pretty cool to think about the scope of this thing.
So, I got two different yarns to try out for this. The first:
Up next, Knit Picks Bare, laceweight.

I was very pleased with this one. Since I don't know what the theme of the piece is, I wasn't sure what color to use. The designer suggested either white or black yarn, for reasons that would become clear when the inspiration behind the design were made public. So once it's done, I may leave it this natural color or I may dye it some other color. I chose clear beads with a silver lining since that will work no matter what color the finished piece ends up.
After finishing the first part of the firt clue, I am very happy. I can not wait to see the project unfold.
Comments:
<< Home
I'm using KnitPicks Bare, for much the same reasons. I suspect I will be leaving it white, as I picked colored beads and like the effect, but you never know.
Great start!
Great start!
I ordered 4 kinds of beads. The clear ones I'm using, as well as tuquoise, amethyst, and black. Since I'm so likely to dye it when it's done I couldn't commit to any other color.
Post a Comment
<< Home

