Friday, June 15, 2007
Spinning
I have been spinning alot lately. It started with the purple batt inspiring me. Then I was re-organizing my stash after I had all my stuff packed away while some renovations were done to my apartment and realized how much spinning fiber I have hidden away. And I decided that I need to get to spinnin'! I thought I would take a cue from the Harlot and set aside one day a week and dedicate it to spinning. But I pulled this roving I bought from my favorite fiber festival vendors, Fantom Farm.

It's mostly green with bits of brown and I imagined it would spin up like camoflage yarn.

It was so nice to spin, I couldn't put it down. I pretty much concentrated all my crafty energy on this since I started it.
I'm about 3/4 of the way through plying it. It's going well except now one of the singles keeps breaking on me. There is too much left to abandon the remainders so I will figure out the problem and finish it.
Once I swatch, if it really looks like camo I'll use it to make a hat for a young friend who is going into the Marines soon.
I actually have a growing collection of handspun and I never use it to make stuff. That needs to go on my list. I have some yummy merino thick-n-thin I made a long time ago that I should make a winter set out of, say a hat and scarf or neck tube and mittens. Or a super big and squishy moebius.
It's mostly green with bits of brown and I imagined it would spin up like camoflage yarn.
It was so nice to spin, I couldn't put it down. I pretty much concentrated all my crafty energy on this since I started it.
Once I swatch, if it really looks like camo I'll use it to make a hat for a young friend who is going into the Marines soon.
I actually have a growing collection of handspun and I never use it to make stuff. That needs to go on my list. I have some yummy merino thick-n-thin I made a long time ago that I should make a winter set out of, say a hat and scarf or neck tube and mittens. Or a super big and squishy moebius.
