Monday, June 18, 2007
Slow week
I finished the green and brown yarn.

I have 3 new skeins of yarn that I need to wash so I can consider knitting them into something.
In other news: In a rare instance of planning ahead, and not just planning by myself, but with the encouragement of Hello Yarn, I reserved three rooms at a hotel in Kingston for the weekend of the NY Sheep and Wool (aka Rhinebeck, which is about 20 minutes from Kingston). There seem to still be rooms available if anyone else plans to go, so now would be the time to reserve a room. Even if you aren't sure, since you can cancel within 2 days of the event with no repurcussions. So far I only know that I, Hello Yarn, and Grasshopper will be there. That means that I have 1.5 rooms to fill with able-bodied knitters and spinners. I'm planning a field trip to Woodstock for my visiting friends.
I'm also considering a trip up there myself next weekend to visit the crazy bead store so I can get beads for my Mystery Stole. Though I probably won't since I think I can get suitable beads at the generic super-craft store in town. For all I know Beyond Beadery isn't there anymore. It was there last time, and I also found a yarn store which was having a going-out-of-business sale. I wonder if there is a new yarn store in Woodstock?
I have 3 new skeins of yarn that I need to wash so I can consider knitting them into something.
In other news: In a rare instance of planning ahead, and not just planning by myself, but with the encouragement of Hello Yarn, I reserved three rooms at a hotel in Kingston for the weekend of the NY Sheep and Wool (aka Rhinebeck, which is about 20 minutes from Kingston). There seem to still be rooms available if anyone else plans to go, so now would be the time to reserve a room. Even if you aren't sure, since you can cancel within 2 days of the event with no repurcussions. So far I only know that I, Hello Yarn, and Grasshopper will be there. That means that I have 1.5 rooms to fill with able-bodied knitters and spinners. I'm planning a field trip to Woodstock for my visiting friends.
I'm also considering a trip up there myself next weekend to visit the crazy bead store so I can get beads for my Mystery Stole. Though I probably won't since I think I can get suitable beads at the generic super-craft store in town. For all I know Beyond Beadery isn't there anymore. It was there last time, and I also found a yarn store which was having a going-out-of-business sale. I wonder if there is a new yarn store in Woodstock?
