Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Purchases and progress

I managed to make it through my trip to the MA sheep and wool festival without spending too much money on tons of stuff I don't need.

Here's everything together.


This is all I got from the lovely gentlemen at Fantom Farm. Only because I already have a little bit of everything else they offer.


Since I was at the fair with Adrian, who is friends with Amy at Spunky Eclectic, I got to hang out at the Spunky booth alot during the two days, which was fun and gave me plenty of time to choose these superwash skeins. I bought one for me, and the other because I was positive that someone in my office would soon announce a pregnancy and I wanted to knit something for the impending baby. Someone spilled the beans on Friday, and I do have a baby to knit for, just as I thought!


I've already spun this batt into a lovely single, and I'll make a separate post about it soon. There are already plenty of pictures in this post.


Of course, we couldn't pass through Northampton without stopping in at Webs. This is a bag plus 4 balls of Rowan Soft Tweed.

I also bought the pattern book that goes with this yarn since I had no idea what to do with it. But there is only one pattern in the book that has a patterned yoke and I'm not sure how I like it for me. I may try to adapt it to be more feminine (it's a pattern for a man's sweater) or I may just try and make something up with the EZ method. I tried to take a Meg Swansen book out of the library today that had a promising pattern but I didn't realize that I owed them $6 in late fees. Since I only had $1 in my wallet, I'll have to hope it's still on the shelf when I go back on Tuesday to vote for the library bugdet.

If anyone else makes a trip to Northampton, I would like to make a shout out to both of the places we lunched at in town. (both recommended by the staff at Webs, they have a little map of town with the good places pointed out, ask them for a copy before you leave in search of the sustenance you will need after spending hours in the warehouse) One I believe was called Haymarket, and it's on the main street just a few doors down from Faces, a fun store that has all kinds of fun stuff as well as an Art-O-Matic machine out front. Haymarket is a nice little coffee shop/vegetarian restaurant and it was delicious. On our return trip, we went a little more upscale (not that it was expensive) and dined at Paul & Elizabeth's, a restaurant located inside the 'mall'. Sorry I can't give more info on how to find it, but it's worth the effort to find it. I ate the best fish sandwich and onion rings, along with delicious homemade pickles and natural black cherry soda. It's like junk food only you don't feel bad about eating it because all the ingredients are organic and/or homemade.

As far as progress goes, I guess I'll save that for another post too. I finished the second chart on my Icarus shawl, but it's not terribly exciting. I'll save it till I finish chart 3 maybe.

Comments:
I love that batt.

I think I'm skipping MDSW and hitting MA next year! Both of you got fantstic stuff!

Jennifer
itisrocketscience.typepad.com
 
It was lovely, but nowhere near the size of MDSW. If you're coming all that way make more of a trip out of it, maybe check out Boston or NY while you're on the East coast.

Are you coming for Rhinebeck again?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?