Friday, May 25, 2007
on the road
So tomorrow morning I'm going to get up very early (well, it's my usual time to get up, only since it's a holiday weekend, it seems very early) and hit the road to meet Adrian in Northampton, MA. First we will go to Webs for a bit of sale shopping, then, since we will never have enough yarn or fiber, it's off to MA Sheep and Wool for some fibery fun.
I think that on the way back, depending on timing and weather, I may make a detour and visit my first home in Connecticut. It doesn't even add any mileage onto the trip, just re-routes me a bit. I am excited to see the old neighborhood and how it's changed. It must be over 20 years since I visited. I'm guessing the woods that used to surround my yard, and the rest of the neighborhood are now gone, but I hope I'm wrong. I had so much fun playing in those woods, getting dirty, climbing trees, and fun tomboy stuff like that. I think the family that lived next door still lives there, over 30 years later. Well, the parents live there, the kids are long gone I'm sure.
But before I go, I have some pics to share. I re-worked the gloves in a larger size and figured a way to make the cables look nicer and more balanced.

Don't you love the symmetry of them side by side?

It's so soft and comfy and it's just like wearing a hug on my hand. I hate to give it away, but I know J will love them as much as I do. Plus he has given up the idea of a sweater, since events that occured with his sister confirmed the sweater curse and he doesn't want to take any chances. I'd like for him to stay around too and if that means no sweaters, so be it. If these gloves don't rock the boat too much I may consider a hat and scarf for xmas!
I think that on the way back, depending on timing and weather, I may make a detour and visit my first home in Connecticut. It doesn't even add any mileage onto the trip, just re-routes me a bit. I am excited to see the old neighborhood and how it's changed. It must be over 20 years since I visited. I'm guessing the woods that used to surround my yard, and the rest of the neighborhood are now gone, but I hope I'm wrong. I had so much fun playing in those woods, getting dirty, climbing trees, and fun tomboy stuff like that. I think the family that lived next door still lives there, over 30 years later. Well, the parents live there, the kids are long gone I'm sure.
But before I go, I have some pics to share. I re-worked the gloves in a larger size and figured a way to make the cables look nicer and more balanced.
Don't you love the symmetry of them side by side?
It's so soft and comfy and it's just like wearing a hug on my hand. I hate to give it away, but I know J will love them as much as I do. Plus he has given up the idea of a sweater, since events that occured with his sister confirmed the sweater curse and he doesn't want to take any chances. I'd like for him to stay around too and if that means no sweaters, so be it. If these gloves don't rock the boat too much I may consider a hat and scarf for xmas!
