Monday, February 05, 2007

 

Trying new things

As you can see, Henry is terribly proud of my new skill: Cables!



The yarn is Blue sky Alpaca 100% cotton in a chocolatey brown and hot pink. I'm doing the 2x2 stripe I used in the Noro scarf.


I am so excited to learn to cable. It has been among the great mysteries until recently, when my cable provider deemed it acceptable to give us Knitty Gritty. Watching it I saw a few episodes that featured projects with cables and saw that it really isn't terribly hard to do.

And can I just say, Adrian's pattern (the Irish Hiking Scarf, which can be found here: http://www.helloyarn.com/irishhikingscarf.htm )is wonderfully easy. I brought this along to meet a new friend for a mini stitch and bitch and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to carry on a conversation and follow the pattern at the same time. But it's super easy to memorize and the finished product looks complicated and sophisticated at the same time. Or it would if I chose a more subdued color palette. I love it!

Comments:
My darling dear SeeKay: I's moi, your local knitsib, Lisa. Henry is adorable, and apparently into watching Telemundo (is that some Spanish-speaking melodrama in the right-hand background, or am I just going off on another fantasy tanget?). When you get a chance, please gimme a buzz or drop me a line, and let me know when would be a good time to talk you through building your sidebar and embedding links in text.

Until we next knit again,

Lisa
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?