Saturday, January 13, 2007
How to
Make eggplant parmesan!
First, you'll need this set-up: Eggplant cut into slices, flour, eggs, breadcrumbs, and hot oil. Also, before you start, make sure you have enough of everything within reach. You'll get messy and you don't need to be rummaging through your pantry for more flour or breadcrumbs so keep backup handy. Also, start with more oil than you think you need because the eggplant will soak some up and you'll have to add more before you're done. A plate and several paper towels to put the cooked slices on should also be nearby.

Here I am in the middle of it all. Start by dusting the slices in flour, then dip in the egg, then breadcrumbs. Try to keep you hands separate, one for wet (the one that does the dipping in egg) and one for dry (dusting in flour and putting in the egg bath, then coating in breadcrumbs and dropping in the oil) I like to use latex gloves for this since it can be prety messy, especially since I alway mix up my hands and put my eggy hand into the breadcrumbs and make a mess.


After it's all cooked and cooled, layer in a casserole dish with sauce and cheese. I also made a puree of basil with some olive oil that I drizzled between layers.

Cook, covered, till it's hot and melty, then take the cover off and let it get brown on top. Serve with a nice Italian red wine (I had a nice Sangiovese that went well) some nice bread and a salad. And maybe some pasta if you like.

First, you'll need this set-up: Eggplant cut into slices, flour, eggs, breadcrumbs, and hot oil. Also, before you start, make sure you have enough of everything within reach. You'll get messy and you don't need to be rummaging through your pantry for more flour or breadcrumbs so keep backup handy. Also, start with more oil than you think you need because the eggplant will soak some up and you'll have to add more before you're done. A plate and several paper towels to put the cooked slices on should also be nearby.
Here I am in the middle of it all. Start by dusting the slices in flour, then dip in the egg, then breadcrumbs. Try to keep you hands separate, one for wet (the one that does the dipping in egg) and one for dry (dusting in flour and putting in the egg bath, then coating in breadcrumbs and dropping in the oil) I like to use latex gloves for this since it can be prety messy, especially since I alway mix up my hands and put my eggy hand into the breadcrumbs and make a mess.
After it's all cooked and cooled, layer in a casserole dish with sauce and cheese. I also made a puree of basil with some olive oil that I drizzled between layers.
Cook, covered, till it's hot and melty, then take the cover off and let it get brown on top. Serve with a nice Italian red wine (I had a nice Sangiovese that went well) some nice bread and a salad. And maybe some pasta if you like.
Comments:
<< Home
mmmmm, i just had dinner and i,m hungry again. Is this dificult to make? And can i make it without the breadcrumbs???Because i'm on a diet and can not mix bread with fats(michel Montignac)
Post a Comment
<< Home

