Saturday, November 25, 2006
Moebius
Since I just 'finished' 2 projects, I have allowed myself to cast on a new one:
This is going to be a super squishy moebius. I'm using a bulky baby alpaca from Plymouth Yarn and size 11 needles. I really need a scarf for the winter, which is fast approaching. I think the weatherman said it should be here next week.
Anyway, on to the FO's:
I've just finished a few projects. Well, mostly finished. I have 2 hats drying after a quick wash. One is a little striped baby hat (pictures to follow when it's dry), and the other is an almost-finished viking hat, this time for an adult. It will join this baby sized one:

to create a father-son set. I really can't wait to see them pictured on models. First, I have to finish putting the dad hat together and send it to San Francisco, and then wait for the son hat to fit the son's head. He's still very tiny, and I imagine the weight of the horns may be a bit much for him just yet. Something to look forward to, though! I hope I'll get pictures of the striped hat on it's little recipient as well. That may come sooner, since I made the hat tiny for a newborn. I think. It's so hard to imagine just how tiny a newborn head is till you see one in person.
FYI: Viking Hat pattern is found at Chili Con Yarne ( http://rsveverka.com/chileconyarne/?p=7 ) and I made adjustments to the pattern for both versions. Actually, my gauge worked out that I used all the numbers from the original pattern for the adult sized hat. I used Blue sky Alpaca 100% cotton (so soft and comforting) and size 7 needles.
Pics of the hats will follow in a day or two.
This is going to be a super squishy moebius. I'm using a bulky baby alpaca from Plymouth Yarn and size 11 needles. I really need a scarf for the winter, which is fast approaching. I think the weatherman said it should be here next week.Anyway, on to the FO's:
I've just finished a few projects. Well, mostly finished. I have 2 hats drying after a quick wash. One is a little striped baby hat (pictures to follow when it's dry), and the other is an almost-finished viking hat, this time for an adult. It will join this baby sized one:

to create a father-son set. I really can't wait to see them pictured on models. First, I have to finish putting the dad hat together and send it to San Francisco, and then wait for the son hat to fit the son's head. He's still very tiny, and I imagine the weight of the horns may be a bit much for him just yet. Something to look forward to, though! I hope I'll get pictures of the striped hat on it's little recipient as well. That may come sooner, since I made the hat tiny for a newborn. I think. It's so hard to imagine just how tiny a newborn head is till you see one in person.
FYI: Viking Hat pattern is found at Chili Con Yarne ( http://rsveverka.com/chileconyarne/?p=7 ) and I made adjustments to the pattern for both versions. Actually, my gauge worked out that I used all the numbers from the original pattern for the adult sized hat. I used Blue sky Alpaca 100% cotton (so soft and comforting) and size 7 needles.
Pics of the hats will follow in a day or two.
