Sunday, October 22, 2006
Rhinebeck!
I got bingo! I need to get a better picture of that or take it to work and scan it so I can submit my bingo card.Rhinebeck was wonderful. The ride up there was beautiful, I had such a great time all around. I bought tons of fiber, and no yarn! Acquiring a swift and ball winder was my untimate goal and I managed to do it. Now I can wind my lace yarn and start thinking about what to do with it.
While I was at the festival, I had a moment of clarity and inspiration and realized that I needed to change my plan for my EZ knitalong sweater. Instead of doing the intricate colorwork of the Interweave knits sweater, I'm going to make colorful stripes. Inspired by what was dubbed the 'rainbow brite sweater' we saw on someone there. I'll probably cast on a sleeve to help break up the monotony of the black stockinette of the body so I'll have some color to entertain me and take pictures of.
