Saturday, August 12, 2006
Craftiness!

While I have many works in progress, I find that large projects have to be seen as long-term. Meanwhile, I will finish many small projects during the time it takes me to finish one big one.
Right now, I have a large shawl project on my needles. I don't have a pattern, I looked at a bunch of things online and decided on one. It starts as a rectangular piece, then when it's long enough to go halfway around me, I'll do some short rows to create a corner, and continue in the rectangle. So the finished piece will be an L shape. The yarn I'm using is delicious- Inca Cotton in a 2-ply that is one part white and one part beige, with a thick-and-thin consistency and a luxurious drape in the knitted fabric. That's a picture of it in the left corner.
